Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Broken Dish

“I am like a dish that is broken” Psalm 31






Look at me Lord.
I am like a dish that is broken,
scattered and left in shards,
easily crushed underfoot,
useless.
Left alone, without care,
I will spread the pain that lives in my sharp edges.

Pick me up with your gentle, loving hands.
Repair me.
Hold me together with the glue of your Holy Eucharist.

As I praise you and love you
in the humility of my brokenness,
your precious Body and Blood will pull
my broken pieces back together
with an unbreakable bond.

I will be made stronger
through your love.
I will be made useful once more
so that I may serve you
and others.

Amen.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you got this wonderful poem just from that simple line in the psalm! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are inspiring and have such a blessed gift to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem and beautiful blog, Ann! Thank you for following my blog! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne,
    This is just beautiful! I love the "glue of Your Holy Eucharist." Thanks for sharing this and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwww Anne,
    You done it again! Thank you for sharing your meditation with us. God bless you.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Anne, for your words- and for your encouraging comments!
    Here's an entry you might also enjoy:

    http://laviegraphite.blogspot.com/2008/09/capacitatem.html

    (Feb-Mar '07 are from the monastery in Taize, France; Sept '08 is from the Weston Priory)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... beautiful... I love your heart for the Lord and the prayer conveyed within your poem... ♥x♥x

    ReplyDelete