Saturday, July 4, 2009

Such a Deal!

My niece, Jenny, loves to shop at rummage sales and thrift stores. It's a great thrill for her to buy something wonderful at a low price, and she is an expert at finding a bargain.

Whenever my family and I see her, she is always sporting a new purse or shoes. When we compliment her on them, the game begins...

She gets a gleam in her eyes and says "Guess how much this cost?" We all throw out a few guesses and we know by now to keep the figure low. After a few close tries, she triumphantly announces "This purse was 50 cents!" or "These shoes cost $2.00!" We all rejoice with her at the fabulous bargain she has found.

But with God, we've been given an even better bargain. We can revel in his glorious love for absolutely free, nothing, nada! What can bring us more pleasure than knowing that there is nothing we can do to earn God's love? We can't buy it. We can only accept it and offer it to others. In that knowledge, I rejoice! I can brag to the world, "God loves me! And guess how much his love cost me? Nothing!" There is no better bargain in the world!

Thank you God, for Your never-ending love. Thank You for loving me always and everywhere. Thank you for leading my heart to love You right back with all I've got. Your love didn't cost me a thing, but it cost You everything. You are my treasure, You are my joy, You are my everything! Amen.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful posts.

    it's been a pleasure reading your posts. they are very touching.

    ReplyDelete