Thursday, January 28, 2010

Radiant Springtime






















face burning with shame
I released my sins from my soul
and laid them at Your feet

they came forth from my mouth
slowly, stiltingly,
with quavering voice

fear held me in its grasp
as I held my breath and
awaited my condemnation

"I am not afraid of your sins,"
was the kind response,
and my heart was soothed

"Just place them gently
into My Sacred Heart
where all pain is transformed."

"I will carry you, and protect you
and forgive you. I will make
all things new."

And Spring grew in my heart then,
with its warmth and flowers
bursting through the hard ground

I am alive again, reborn
forever I will live in His love,
His peace and His joy

"Look to Him that you may be radiant with joy,
and your faces will not blush with shame."
Psalm 34

6 comments:

  1. Forgiveness from Our Lord is sweeter than honey isn't it! This is as beautiful as the daffodils in the picture Anne.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful poem! And I'm with Miss Daily, I love the picture! It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne,
    This beautiful poem sums up how I felt after confession last night. Thanks. I like the daffodils too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we are all in agreement, another gorgeous poem :) I feel this way sometimes, too. I am in awe of His Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Karinanne there. After Confession today I spent a lot of time at Adoration, and it was soooo sweet, like a spring meadow! Thanks for the lovely poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I am not afraid of your sins,"

    Thank you for this.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete