Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Marked


I receive the ashes that label me as His child, His own.

Dust flakes down into my eyes, flirting with my lashes and
blurring my vision of worldly things, reminding me that the
spiritual realm can often contain that which is dirty, dusty and dark.

I let the ash that marks me settle deep within my soul,
allowing it to mingle with the sorrow and joy that God's love
has carefully placed within me.

Those fierce emotions dwelling in my soul churn the dark ashes,
the reminder of sin and suffering,
to create something new and pure from them,
preparing me for what will hopefully be
my eventual presentation to the Lord in Heaven.

I am marked as His own and will carry that mark
from my forehead to my soul
beyond this season of Lent and into forever.

(a revised re-post from the archives)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful reflection Anne...I pray for a grace-filled Lent for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete