Thursday, October 20, 2011

slipping into silence

silent tears
in the silent rain
silent sorrow
and silent pain

silent shame
from a silent past
silent suffering
now the silence is cast

silence remains
in a silent heart
can you feel the silence
rip your soul apart?

silent day
and silent night
silence continues
its silent plight

silence holds
and silence ties
looking down
with silent eyes

yet here in the silence
He speaks to me
my soul is listening
I can clearly see

the deep love He has
in His heart so dear
His silent presence
is love ever near

beautiful silence
I will embrace
this quiet time
this silent space

and into forever
silence will remain
a sign of His love
and His kingly reign

silently His heart
melts into mine
and our hearts become one
in a silent shrine

7 comments:

  1. Anne, I have to echo Rebecca's comment...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    I loved this poem and the last stanza just blew me away! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Anne! What a magnificient poem! You are so gifted in so many ways. This is a poem to meditate on again and again.

    Thank you so much for sharing. I love it!

    God bless,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, This poem is beautiful, and so was your comment on Patricia's post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beautiful poem. Silence is so uncomfortable at first, but is a thing of beauty in our relationship with God.

    God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so pleased to know such a poetess as you. This is one of your best, Anne.

    ReplyDelete